Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Almost Succeeded

I needed to be sure that I make it to aerobics as soon as possible so I wrote down two different classes for one week. The first was supposed to be on Friday. I had it written down but a bit too much was left to chance. I was supposed to come home from lab, get my stuff and then go to the gym, which I didn't know where to find exactly. Perhaps I shouldn't be too surprised that I started to procrastinate in the lab. I started planting test plants too late and got home one hour after the class had already started.

"Better luck on Tuesday!". So today (Tuesday) I made sure I take all my things with me to the lab already so it will be very little effort to actually go and find the second gym which I also had never even seen. Well, today I started procrastinating even earlier - before I even went to the lab. Over two hours disappeared unnoticed so it became clear I won't have time to do anything in the lab unless I get moving NOW! So I got up and tracked down everything I need for aerobics. "Where are those gym shoes? I was so sure they would be here.". Then I got hungry so I ate a little.

I got up and continued - now it was so late I would have to go straight to the gym. I finally found my gym shoes and double-checked where the gym was on the map. I opened the gym website and saw, "Pregnancy gym classes have been cancelled starting from 1st of March 2009."
NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!


Oh well, better luck on Friday.

The baby is doing well. She keeps passing all the doctor's appointments (heartbeat regular, etc) and she has become pretty active now. I feel her moving very often. She never really hurts me although her movements often make me change my position because I get the feeling that she's not too comfortable in there. Sometimes when she starts kicking my bladder, I lie down on my side and wait for her to drop on the other side of the belly. When she seems to hold on, I jiggle my belly a little until she drops, then I grin and get up again.

On Saturday I played Witcher computer game after a long pause. I had the sound on speakers as I killed slimy drowner monsters. Sound of metal and intense combat music, high adrenaline level as I tried to kill monsters before they kill me. And suddenly I felt the baby GO INSANE! She was kicking and punching, hitting her head against my skin, changing her position and hitting again! When the combat was over she calmed down and started again when the next combat started. It was pretty distracting to be honest. I'm sure she didn't hurt herself - she sometimes does those things just to see what would happen but this time she was clearly reacting to the computer game.

Yesterday her movements were odd though. Kind of rhythmic for 20 minutes in a row. She's had hiccups before - then it was rhythmic pulsing, almost like a second heartbeat. No matter what she did, the rhythm stayed the same. But yesterday it was different. It seemed deliberate rhythmic. Sometimes it was accompanied by hand or feet movement or very short pauses when it continued faster or slower. It almost seemed like she was taking short shallow breaths! So I googled it and as it turns out, around week 30 (which is where I am now) the baby starts to "practice breathing". They said it can be seen in ultrasound sometimes, but my babyu had her back against my belly so I actually saw it from outside. Pretty amazing. Seems she's right on schedule again.

I made another weight prognosis - if my weight gain doesn't stop at the last month, I will go 2kg over my goal. I've given up on worrying about weight. There isn't much I can do about it because I can't take any drastic actions by dieting. I still have no stretch marks and it seems my skin still has some room to grow so I might not get any.

Ah, well, and the stress thing... I'm doing great physically and I'm starting to get my thinking back on track. I make an effort to sleep more to reduce general stress and anxiety. I still need to go to aerobics and I won't forget it. Exercising might also help keep weight gain at a minimum. There's just one problem - it doesn't matter that I feel good physically and I start the day with a positive mindset because I'm still unable to initiate anything. I made some progress since last week, though. On Sunday evening I felt somewhat uneasy but I didn't have the kind of negative world view I felt last Tuesday. I'm staying positive that things will work out just fine, but I have to remember that just positive thinking isn't enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment