Thursday, November 5, 2009

Two is Better than One

This has been the longest I haven't written a post in this blog, even longer than when I was having a baby. One week was totally nuts here. Erkki was abroad because of his work and I was alone with the baby for 5 days. It would have been fine except I had a bit of a cold and baby was STILL teething. And to top it off, they had just turned the clock (daylight savings time) so that baby's sleep pattern was all messed up. I tried to get her to follow her previous nap schedule and she kept waking nearly every hour at night. On Thursday I finally gave in. I threw baby's nap schedule out the window and spent my energy on shushing her during the night. It only took one night for baby to stop waking up so often. The next night she was doing 3-4 hour stretches and was a much happier baby during the day. I think I managed surprisingly well but my mind was very scattered, hence no post.

The tooth finally showed itself this Saturday. Ah, I'm so relieved. It made me glad, but apparently not as much as baby. She was giggling three days straight. If she was a little older I would have started to look for pot.

My science stuff just hits one iceberg after another. My progress isn't really what I'd be proud of but I'm keeping it afloat. The entire project has had a few setbacks which makes it feel like I'm where I was a year ago. I just gotta suck it up, ignore this feeling and just keep on going until something comes out of it - anything, either good or bad. I wouldn't want to write a bad article but postponing won't make it any better, that's for sure.



Baby Update: at her 6-month check-up baby was 8160g and 66cm. I wonder who designs baby clothing!? Most of her clothing is size 68/72 and tends to be too short for her. Doctor was very pleased with her development - baby rolls to stomach and back, crawls 360 degrees, but not much forward. She has two lower middle teeth. She has tried cauliflower, zucchini, apple, potato, carrot. Carrot is her favourite so far. She made a "ewwwwww"-face at cauliflower and potato but happily ate the rest of them.

Me and Erkki picked out an adorable eating chair and ordered it. I also found cool baby food bowls which open up and I can add warm water inside them so it keeps baby food warm. A nifty gadget I just had to have. Uhm, I mean, BABY had to have...

No comments:

Post a Comment