Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happily Obsessive

I really hope my neighbours don't completely hate my guts right now, as I just finished making this year's third "Final end-of-rhubarb-season rhubarb pie". Ain't my fault that a proper rhubarb pie needs 8 eggs separated and perfectly beaten...

I've got news: Siiri can walk! ***DING! Upgrade Complete!*** She kept playing with the idea until she got up on her two feet and, with a clever look on her face, just started making careful steps towards me. At first it was 4 steps and she thumped diaper-first on the floor, then she got to 7 steps, then over 10. The next time you see her (since so many of the readers here actually see her every now and then), you might ask with disappointment, "you wrote she can walk so why is she crawling?". I'll save you the trouble of asking and I'll give you the answer in advance: Just because she CAN walk on her own, doesn't mean she constantly uses the skill as a way of getting from one end of the room the the other.

I finally hooked up to Xbox Live and now I've got a freaky new goal! I want all my favorite games on the maximized achievement score list. When I told Erkki, he *paused* and said in a quieter tone, "I think it will take a while." That's his way of saying, you're really gonna spend a LONG-LONG time on this obsessive compulsive idea of yours. At least now I know it's not impossible. I already have Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands and Assassin's Creed 2. I'm missing Assassin's Creed 1, Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. I'm currently working on Mass Effect 2 and I'm only 2 achievements away from complete list. Problematically, one of those is the Insanity achievement which simply states, "Complete the game on the "Insanity" difficulty level without changing the setting."

Eeek, if my neighbours didn't hate me earlier, they might hate me now. Siiri woke up and she's completely hysterical. I tried to calm her down but she was so angry at me in her sleep daze hysteria that I only made things worse. She's currently crying it out. I'll go offer her water again when she's calmed down a little but right now it won't do any good. I've grown used to ignoring such situations. If I can't do anything then it won't help to get all worked up over it. There's enough stress over things I can control.

There's a spider on the wall. I wish it was just a saying, like there's a skeleton in the closet, but it's not. It's there and it's stalking me. It's trying to make me leave the room and you know what? It's succeeding. I'm glancing at it every 10 seconds or less and I'm typing as fast as I can.

Siiri fell asleep, the spider still hasn't moved, a pie awaits tasting and I found a new tip on Mass Effect 2 Brawler Achievement and I NEED to try it! Obsessive compulsive tendencies may seem odd on the outside but it can occasionally be so much fun to really get involved with these small goals.

Perhaps I'm not obsessive compulsive if I choose to happily obsess over achievement scores on Xbox or getting eggs perfectly beaten for a cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment