Friday, September 16, 2011

Maybe Something

I've been having something like contractions for over three hours already. Already made arrangements with the babysitter and the midwife and I'm going to the hospital to make sure whether it is "something" or "nothing". I mean it's very regular and it was around five minutes before I started packing and making arrangements and I have no idea how frequent it is now because I already packed my phone (Lap Timer app is great). The "problem" is that it's like casual cramping that barely shows in my face. I'm not screaming in pain like in all those silly teenage movies where they are trying to make a point that giving birth is really serious and truly painful. I should be in pain but I'm not. Maybe being induced really does make a difference in how childbirth feels.

Anyway, I'm going to the hospital with my bag to have a checkup. If I'm giving birth then they'll probably notice, I hope. I was going to walk to the hospital, but now some of the maybe contractions seem to be only a couple of minutes apart so I'm taking a taxi just to be sure that I don't give birth somewhere on the sidewalk.

I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment