Monday, May 4, 2009

The Final Days

I have finally started to eat for two now! Especially sweets: strawberries, whipped cream, pears, jam, white bread, cake, etc. There isn't any real justification for it. I simply REALLY enjoy the happy sugar-high feeling. The world is just such a nice and pleasant place after a few slices of bread covered with sweet strawberry jam downed with a glass of fresh cold milk. Lately I even pay less attention to eating enough proteins. Those jam-covered breads with milk barely give me enough proteins for a quarter of a meal but they make me feel full for a few hours so I don't eat plain cheese just for the proteins. I simply eat what I feel like eating.

Before you say, "But heeey, that's how you're supposed to eat!", let me tell you it apparently doesn't apply to me. I just finished my breakfast, which was a generous plateful of oatmeal with strawberry jam, and I really have to restrict myself from having my lunch right now as well. I really do still feel hungry. That's how sugar affects me! I found an intermediate solution: a tomato! I can eat a tomato without feeling too full later. No worries though, I still eat way more proteins and meat than an average person. I wouldn't be able to start a high-carb low-protein diet without even noticing. But now I'm eating high-carb high-protein high-fat diet which can't be good for me.

I was at my father's and sister's joined birthday party this weekend. Sort of a family reunion with aunts and uncles I hadn't seen in years! I was previously very hesitant about a 2 hour car ride to the middle of no where only a few days before due date. But then I thought it would significantly improve my chances of giving birth earlier rather than later. Being active should help quite a lot. And i would see so many people I barely even remember anymore. I knew that my mother had all eight of her children after due date but I was hopeful that maybe I have early labour genes from my father's side... I talked with my father's mother and she said she carried the first child 4 weeks over due date, the second one 3 weeks and the third one 2 weeks! Like WHOA!!!!! 4 weeks over due date?! That's not even possible nowadays! They induce 2 weeks after due date and if that doesn't work, they do a C-section!

So basically no luck with that! Genes say I will be pregnant FOREVER!!!! Or at least for a few more weeks and it will feel like forever. Oddly, I still doubt this kid will wait past its due date. Me and Erkki both believe it's a matter of days now! Well, it's 3 days until due date, so it better be a matter of days!

I have my first pregnancy stretch marks! Fortunately they're only a few millimeters (up to 1/5 of an inch) long and they're in the bellybutton area! Remember I mentioned my bellybutton is different now? Well it's almost 5 cm (2 inches) wide different looking skin. Apparently this part of skin is also less elastic, but no matter, all the tiny stretch marks will go and hide inside the bellybutton later. This is still a sign of danger! I have to give birth ASAP, otherwise I might end up striped for life!

I just realized I have reached the "behind the scenes" time of pregnancy. I'm already in the time zone where the usual pregnant woman starts to be a bit less active. Others sometimes remember her, "What's been going on with her? Haven't heard of her for a while... I wonder if she already gave birth." I haven't really disappeared completely - I still attend social events - but there's still many people who last saw me a couple of months ago. They must be wondering if I have given birth yet. At least that's what I wonder when someone I know reaches the time of their pregnancy due date.

And what have I been up to? What do pregnant women do when they're playing the so-called "waiting game"? I can solve this mystery for you: the answer is Xbox! If I started to give birth right now, you know what I would do? ... I would cancel all plans and then I would grab the Xbox controller and I would play as much Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time as I possibly could. I really enjoy the acrobatics puzzles and the fancy combat scenes. I wonder if I can continue playing it immediately after I get home from the hospital.

Ok, time to go back to my Prince of Persia!

1 comment:

  1. If you'd announce your Xbox gamertag here, I could add you to my friends list :)

    ReplyDelete