Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Alien Inside Me

Has it ever happened to you that something doesn't work the way it's supposed to and then you talk to someone else about it and you show them: "see, it just doesn't work!" and then suddenly it DOES work? Usually it's great way to fix anything from computer programs to remote controls. Whenever you run into a problem, just try to demonstrate the problem to someone else and VOILA! everything is miraculously working as intended! Well, the same thing happened with the baby. In my previous post I said that the baby is being absolutely boring and not doing anything interesting in there. I posted it on Sunday and ever since then, the baby has been really active!

I can actually play with the kid now! It starts kicking one place and then stops. I put my palm on that spot and warm up the skin and the kid starts kicking at the warmed up place. If I take my hand away, the kid stops as soon as my skin cools down. Another game is where the kid starts kicking and stops. I softly tap that place a few times with my finger. The kid feels it and kicks a few times again. I tap again and she kicks again. She gets bored with that one quite quick though. She seems to like the first game more. She also gives a disgruntled kick when I play Guitar Hero and the guitar is resting against my belly and today I felt her uneasily turn around when my alarm clock went off.

And you know what's the really ridiculous part of this? Whenever the kid starts kicking and I tell Erkki, "hey, look! Look now!" and we're both staring at my belly, the kid stops moving. It doesn't matter if she has been moving for a while or if she just started, just having Erkki stare at my belly calms the baby down. So again it's like the "remote control"-thing, except vice versa - everything is working properly until I try to demonstrate and then suddenly nothing works.

It's not uncomfortable to have someone kicking me. At least not anymore. I've gotten used to it. It's fun and kinda cheers me up. The kid has become my own personal toy for now.

On another topic, water retention started overnight. I drank maybe five glasses of water and I ate some salty stuff and suddenly my weight climbed one kilo in 24 hours and I feel all fluffy. Actually books say that pregnant women should drink 8 to 12 glasses of water EVERY DAY! No wonder most pregnant women are all swollen up and have horrible health issues with that.

RECIPE!

1 cucumber
1 pack of sliced bacon (pretty bacon with lots of meat)
300-400g pork. Long thin slices. They sell it sliced and packaged.



Cut bacon into 1-2cm pieces, slice up cucumber. Fry the meat with some salt and pepper until almost done, then add bacon and fry until bacon is a little golden too. Mix pork, bacon and cucumber together in a bowl and eat. Yumm. PS! Leave the sizzling bacon fat on the pan because it would ruin the texture of the dish.

It's all my recipe, I just felt like eating those things and decided to mix them all together. I diced while Erkki fried, so it took 20 minutes to make. We ate it with a side of sour cream (20% fat ). It's extremely healthy food in my view. Low on carbs, sufficient amount of fat, high in protein content, veggies aren't fried, etc. In the summer I should try it with fresh dill and basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment