Thursday, February 19, 2009

No More Driving

Update about driving.
I had my driving lesson and I definitely don't have any intention of having any more of those in the near future. Or ever. Whichever seems more convenient.

It was horrible. I have gone from feeling tense behind the wheel to being terrified of all cars. It's not far from plain old phobia by now. Basically, you know how in war movies there's always one rookie who can't stop shivering and even when they hold a gun pointed at the enemy they look like they're just about to collapse from fear. That's what I'm like when I'm driving. And you know how that one rookie always dies in the first battle and he symbolises how cruel war is. Well, maybe I should learn from that and just stay away from cars!

I made one mistake after another and I'm glad I didn't kill anyone - YET! After about half an hour into the lesson I would have given a liter of blood just to end the lesson. And I would have sold my hair... and donated a kidney... or two. And if I had known how horrible it will be I would have made a dentist appointment to use it as an excuse to end the driving lesson early.

I won't have any driving lessons for a few months. I need to forgot about the mental trauma completely. Women are supposed to be mentally triggered to forget about the worst experiences so it might work. In the mean while I'll play some car games and, when I feel okay again, I will make an appointment for the automatic transmission driving lessons with another teacher in another car and hopefully it will be like a new start. OR maybe the driving instructor was right when he told me today, "You are no driver material. I have an eye for that and I can tell."

No comments:

Post a Comment